VanishMD is a professional medical office and is a division of Island Medical Laser, a leader in the MedSpa industry on Long Island. We have provided expert aesthetic medical treatments, laser surgeries, and laser treatments to the Long Island and Tri-State areas since 2002.
Our office is located in Long Island, Nassau County, NY.
Wayne H. Wertheim, M.D.
Dr. Wertheim completed his postgraduate training in internal medicine at Winthrop University Hospital in Mineola, New York. For more than 26 years, he practiced primary care medicine on Long Island with offices in Roslyn Heights and Garden City. During this time, his hospital associations included North Shore University Hospital, St. Francis Hospital, and the Winthrop University Hospital. Dr. Wertheim has held academic teaching appointments at both the Cornell University Medical College and the School of Medicine at the State University of New York at Stony Brook.
Throughout his years in practice, Dr. Wertheim developed a strong interest in anti-aging medicine, bariatrics, and nutritional supplementation. He is an active member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, the International Medical Spa Society, American Society of Cosmetic Physians and the American Society of Laser Medicine to name a few. He continually expands his knowledge base by attending both national and international aesthetic conferences and advanced training seminars.
During the last several years, he has explored the various alternatives in non-invasive procedures to help slow down or correct the effects of aging, particularly of the skin. He has researched equipment and therapies that are not only state-of-the-art, efficacious, and cost-effective, but also safe. Dr. Wertheim decided to leave his primary care practice in March 2005 in order to devote his full-time efforts to serving as medical director of Island Medical Laser in Roslyn Heights.
Dr. Wertheim has developed a reputation for having an outstanding bedside manner and treating all of his patients with care and compassion. Dr. Wertheim stands by his belief that all of his patients should be “treated as if they are family. Recommendations and treatments are offered only with the best interests of the patient in mind. I have derived much positive feedback and joy in this exciting new field of aesthetic medicine. The procedures we perform prove to have beneficial effects not only to our patients’ skin but to their overall sense of confidence and psychological well being.”
Read about the 10 key points to getting Laser Tattoo Removal
Why a Medical Office?
- All lasers that are strong enough to efficiently remove tattoos are considered to be “medical grade”. They are both powerful and dangerous. They are only available to be sold to qualified medical professionals. The newer lasers, being state of the art, have even more power and must be used cautiously by highly trained medical or medically supervised technicians. Unfortunately many lasers are sold on the secondary market (ebay, craigslist etc.). These are frequently used or damaged machines that have not been maintained and may not be correctly calibrated. They can be very dangerous due to this and the fact that the operators may not have the qualifications, training and experience necessary to properly use the laser.
- State laws require that all medical grade lasers must be operated under the direct supervision of a medical doctor. Unfortunately many entrepreneurs think that they can buy equipment and preform these laser services without being in a medical office. They actually will hire a doctor for a few hundred dollars a month to act as a medical director. This may be a way to get around the purchasing regulations but in no way assures safety. Many of these “directors” have never worked with or have been educated in laser therapies. Officially the medical director must be onsite not miles or states away.
- Only in a medical office can you be offered multiple choices of anesthetics to make your experience during your treatments a pleasant one. Medical professionals can offer the highest potency of topical agents. These have been known to be potentially lethal if not prescribed and used properly. Medical offices can use prescription medications to alleviate pain during and after the procedure. More commonly medical professionals are able to use “local” anesthetics to make the procedure completely pain free.
- Medical offices offer the safety of a well trained professional staff. Procedures are performed in clean private environments offering confidentiality and offer sound, ethical treatments governed by standards of care as recognized by the state.
- Medical offices are privy to the newest FDA approved treatments and products. An example of this is the new DeScribe patch. This new chemical patch is used in association with laser tattoo removal. The patch has been proven to enhance the efficacy of each treatment and with more comfort. Multiple treatments can be performed in the same visit with DeScribe. This allows for better treatments, faster healing, less discomfort and fewer visits needed to complete your treatment.
Why Vanish MD
At VanishMD we are proud to use the Cutera Enlighten laser, currently, the most advanced laser developed for tattoo removal. This laser utilizes both nano (one billionth of a second) and pico (one trillionth of a second) technologies as well as dual wavelength (532nm/1064nm) lasers. In order to successfully remove a tattoo one tool is rarely the right tool in all situations. Having nano, pico and dual adjustable wavelengths assure a multitude of variability to successfully remove your tattoo no matter what color ink or what type of skin. Currently there are only 3 of these lasers in the tri-state area. Having the Enlighten on Long Island offers you a wonderful opportunity to experience the best possible tattoo removal treatments currently available.